- Shoulder pain, e.g. shoulder calcification
- Tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow
- Inflammation of the patellar tendon (jumper’s knee)
- Shin pain/Tibial periostitis
- Achilles tendon pain
- Heel pain (heel spur, plantar fasciitis)
- Chronic pain in the neck, shoulder or back
- Tension headaches
- Muscle tension caused by painful muscle knots (trigger points)
Don’t let pain control your life! Radial shockwave therapy is an effective treatment method for the complaints listed above.
Don’t let pain control your life!
The natural mobility and the quality of life of millions of people are restricted by pain.
Radial ShockWave Therapy (R-SWT) is a modern and very effective method of treatment. The effect of radial shockwave therapy can often already be noticed after as few as 4 sessions.
The healing process is accelerated by stimulating the self-healing properties of the body. They improve the metabolism and the blood circulation. Damaged tissue recovers and heals itself. This will cause the pain to decrease and mobility to improve.
The therapist determines the location of the pain by searching for painful points. These can also be localised using the hand piece or ultrasound.
Gel is applied to the treatment zone. This improves the contact between the skin and the hand piece to allow the shockwaves to penetrate the body properly.
The hand piece is placed on the pain zone and shockwaves are released. In general, this is painless but sometimes it could be perceived as ‘unpleasant’.
In a number of cases, the therapist will use a different treatment head, the D-ACTOR. This combination of shockwaves and vibrations is also used for muscular disorders.
A treatment session lasts between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on the condition to be treated. In general, 6 to 8 treatment sessions will be needed at intervals of one week.
- Quick and effective
- An alternative to surgery
- No long-term revalidation needed
- Treatment by your physiotherapist
- Medication no longer required
Effective against pain!